This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
You all know by now that I am a little (okay some might say more than a little) weird. Who wants to be normal anyway?
You might think it’s weird I eat way, way, way more strawberries in the winter than I do in the summer, but it’s not actually weird at all. When the days are dark and cold and nasty, I can turn to Florida Strawberries with a December through April growing season for a bit of brightness and a burst of juicy flavor.
But that’s not all Florida Strawberries bring to the party. You can check out all the health benefits of strawberries on the Florida Strawberry site, and you might be as surprised as I was. For example while I think it’s becoming common knowledge that strawberries are a good source of vitamin C (just eight strawberries have more than an orange!), I had no idea they are an excellent source of folic acid.
Plus strawberries are high in ellagic acid, which is believed to help reduce the risk of cancer. I need to add even more strawberries to my diet.
While I am more than happy to eat strawberries as is or heat them up in the microwave for a jam like vibe, Paleo Strawberry Cobbler is my new favorite dessert (or even slightly indulgent breakfast). I say slightly because this gluten free, refined sugar free dish is nothing to feel guilty about no matter what time of day you eat it, even if it seems like a decadent dessert.
I have been experimenting more and more with Paleo baking and I have found the results to be outstanding. This cobbler is no exception. The flavor of the Florida Strawberries shines through in the fruit filled base, while the topping is crusty on top and tender and cake like where the juices from the strawberries have soaked in. Basically, it’s bliss.
Be sure to pick up some Florida Strawberries on your next trip to the store (I scored some at Target!) and have fun experimenting with all those little red berries can do. Follow Florida Strawberries on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube for inspiration!Print
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups strawberries, quartered or halved, depending on the size of the berries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In the bottom of an 8 inch square pan, stir together the strawberries, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons tapioca, and 1 tablespoon syrup.
- In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour, 2/3 cup tapioca starch, coconut flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add the coconut oil, almond milk, 1 tablespoon syrup, vanilla, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the batter over the fruit mixture and bake about 40 minutes until the top is set and golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave about 1 minute if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Don’t forget to check out all the other Sunday Supper dishes!
Healthy Family Recipes Using Strawberries
Healthy Strawberry Appetizers
- Chicken and Strawberry Caprese Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Avocado Pinwheels by Helpful Homemade
- Strawberry Avocado Toast by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail by Soulfully Made
Healthy Strawberry Salads
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Walnuts by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Pasta Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Wild Rice Salad with Strawberries by Sunday Supper Movement
Healthy Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken with Strawberry Satay Sauce by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Rotisserie Chicken Strawberry Pizza by Go Epicurista
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Glazed Salmon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Healthy Strawberry Desserts
- Chamomile Strawberry Chia Pudding by Mid-Life Croissant
- Frozen Strawberry Chocolate Yogurt Bark by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Paleo Strawberry Cobbler by Pies and Plots
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Pavlova with Coconut Cream by Recipes Food and Cooking
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.