We still have a little more than a week of summer left and I don’t know about you guys, but I am savoring it and hoping for a warm fall and winter.
This summer went by so quickly. It was a lot of fun because we did all kinds of things and the weather for the most part was fantastic – not too hot and not too much rain.
But it was a bit of a weird summer.
I think as the years go by and things don’t happen for me in terms of writing and landing an agent, it’s weighing on me constantly. There are no escapes. I’m always thinking about what to write next, how to make connections, what will make me stand out from the pack.
I suppose we all experience those kinds of ups and downs and struggle and fight to make our lives better while still trying to enjoy the moment.
I’m still grateful for all the awesome times my parents and I have had like going to the Tigers game and Hour Best of Detroit and seeing all kinds of concerts, but it’s time for great things to happen, so let’s do this.
Let’s do things like making Paleo Summer Fruit Crisp that takes the best of the summer fruit and turns it into a super tasty treat that will fuel us with all of its good for us ingredients.
Paleo Summer Fruit Crisp
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 6 cups summer fruit (peaches, plums, nectarines, blueberries, blackberries, cherries)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the ingredients for the filling in an 8 inch square pan and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut, pecans, and coconut flour. Stir in the olive oil and honey until a crumbly mixture forms. Sprinkle over the fruit and place on a foil lined baking sheet for easy clean up.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until fruit is bubbling vigorously and top is golden brown. If the top begins to brown too much before the fruit is bubbling, tent it with foil.
- Serve the crisp warm, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Leave a Reply