Well, maybe not, but still, summer, come back to me. Now. Please.
The only good thing about this chilly summer weather is that I can mix my food seasons. You know, make those cozy fall foods with my favorite summer ingredients. It’s pretty fun.
Plus, I got to check out the Salted Caramel and Blueberry Blue Diamond Almonds. I saved plenty to snack on because they are delicious, but I also added some to my oatmeal. They add the best crunch which contrasts with the creamy oatmeal so perfectly.
When summer comes back, this also makes the best leftovers cold from the refrigerator. Mom and I devoured the entire pan over two days, but if you’re not ravenous in the morning like us, you could make this last several days for a breakfast when you’re in a hurry. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten free.
While I wait for summer to come back, I’m making another baked oatmeal and snacking on some almonds. It’s the only thing that’s going to make fall better.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free, if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Blueberry Almonds
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 peaches or nectarines, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place most of the blueberries and peaches in the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish. Reserve a few of each for the top.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add vanilla bean paste, maple syrup, Almondmilk, and oil. Stir to combine. Stir in the Salted Caramel and Blueberry Almonds.
- Pour oat mixture over the fruit in the pan. Spread into an even layer. Top decoratively with the reserved blueberries and peaches.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the liquid has been absorbed. Serve immediately. Oatmeal may also be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve cold or reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until warm.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes