The thermostat is a hot topic in our house … literally.
Since I can remember I have been hot. Temperature hot.
In school while most of the girls would walk around with long sleeved shirts and sweaters and beg to wear pants under their uniform skirt, I happily perused the hallways in my short-sleeved shirt and often wished they’d turn the heat down.
Things haven’t changed much. I hate the forced heat of winter and love the air conditioning. On these cool spring days there’s nothing better than having the windows open and having it just a little too cool in the house. I sleep with the ceiling fan and a table fan blowing on me.
So what is the ideal temperature for me? You ask.
Well, I never turn the heat higher than 68 during the day and at night it dips to 59. I like the air also on 68 or 69. And right now, having the windows open and the thermostat reading about 65 is sheer perfection.
In short, if you come to visit me, pack a jacket. People who have spent time in this house can attest to that.
It is a mystery why I am always hot, except when I go outside in the winter, then I am cold and feel I will never be warm again. But life is full of mysteries and this one isn’t so bad … unless you’re Mom or Dad.
Luckily, I keep everyone happy with tasty treats like Peeps Pancake Smores. Easter to me means having Peeps around. And creating a super simple masterpiece like these Smores is kind of the best thing ever.
Whether you use homemade or store bought pancakes, this is totally irresistible with a smooth chocolate (or carob – you know the drill) spread and a towering jiggly stack of Peeps. Easter just got a whole lot sweeter.Print
- 2 pancakes, homemade or store bought
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate or carob chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 4 Peeps bunnies
- Get your pancakes ready to go. Not gonna lie – I used Eggos and they worked great!
- Place the chocolate or carob chips in a bowl with the shortening. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Divide the mixture among the two pancakes and spread into an even layer.
- Place 2 Peeps on each pancake and microwave about 30 seconds until the Peeps are super puffy and melty. Bunnies work best here because they are flat. Smash the pancakes together and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes