This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #12DaysofPancakes #CollectiveBias
Christmas morning may be my favorite few hours of the whole year. The calendar may have it as just another day, but all of my feelings tell me it’s not.
I don’t bound out of bed super early, but once I’m up, I take the holiday spirit seriously. I light the Christmas tree immediately. Then I light the other trees. One is never enough! Next are the other decorations that light up, some even move. Penguins and snowmen and a blow up snow globe.
The TV has to go on. There’s only one thing to watch: Elf. I never get tired of that movie, especially on Christmas morning. Before I can tear into my presents, I have to make breakfast, because mornings just can’t be extra special without an extraordinary breakfast to eat while my parents and I open gifts.
But one thing I don’t want to do Christmas morning is spend a bunch of time in the kitchen. Luckily, I picked up Aunt Jemima Original Complete Mix and Original Syrup at Walmart. They allow me to make a warm, comforting breakfast with just a few ingredients that I am happy to share with my family to make my day even better. It’s so nice to have a homemade meal that takes little time and effort to prepare.
While the Mix and Syrup are great as is, with a few additions, they are even better. I took one of everyone’s favorite holiday treats, peppermint bark, and turned it into pancakes. With peppermint and white chocolate in the pancakes and cocoa or carob powder in the syrup, these are a fun breakfast treat that really packs the flavor of peppermint bark as well as the season.
Be sure to make the holiday season even more special with Aunt Jemima and my Peppermint Bark Pancakes!Print
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima Original Complete Mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup finely chopped candy cane or peppermint candies
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups Aunt Jemima Original Syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa or carob powder
- Oil, for cooking
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together Aunt Jemima Original Complete Mix and water until just a few lumps remain. Stir in the peppermint candies and white chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, combine Aunt Jemima Syrup and cocoa or carob powder. Stir to combine. Allow to rest while the pancakes cook. Stir again before use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. Scoop roughly ¼ cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Allow to cook about 1-2 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes. Carefully flip the pancakes over and cook about 1-2 minutes more. If you want to be sure they are done, test them with a toothpick, just like a cake. The toothpick should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Serve immediately or place on aluminum foil and keep warm in the oven while you make the rest of the pancakes. Top with syrup for serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes