- 1 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 heaping cup carob chips, chopped carob bar, or a mixture
- Sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the flour, followed by the carob. Form into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 24.
- When ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Form cookies into golf ball size portions, place on tray, spaced to allow for some spreading, sprinkle with salt, and bake for about 10 minute golden brown around the edges and melty in the center.
- Serve warm or cool completely on the pan. Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or frozen wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the microwave about 1 minute.
Additional chilling time is necessary
Recipe adapted from Bakerita
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes