- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Heat a small stainless steel saucepan over medium heat. You want it to be hot enough to cook the eggs, but not hot enough to hear them sizzle when you pour them in.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. I actually find a fork to be the best tool for this job. Be sure to pump as much air into them as possible.
- Drizzle the oil into the pan and use a paper towel to rub it all around the bottom and about ¼ way up the side.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and use a whisk to move them around as they cook. Move the pan on and off the heat to ensure the eggs do not cook too fast. Once the eggs are beginning to solidify, switch to a spoon and go around the edges of the pan and all across the bottom. This is a good time to add cheese if you are doing so.
- Cook the eggs until mostly firm but still creamy. They will keep cooking. Serve immediately.
Recipe is easily doubled
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes