- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2–3 tablespoons walnuts
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 recipe pesto, above
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup low or no sodium chicken stock
- 1 bag traditional Shirataki noodles
- ½ pound cooked wild Alaskan king salmon
- Make the pesto. In the bowl of a food processor, process walnuts, garlic, and pepper until finely minced and almost a paste. Add basil and parsley and process until it is fully incorporated into the paste, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Drizzle in the oil with the processor running. Process until fully combined. This makes a thick pesto; if you want it to be thinner, add more oil.
- Make the pasta. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. When hot, add the pesto and chicken stock. Stir to combine and start reducing. Add the orange juice and zest. Continue cooking until the sauce is bubbling and thickened. Add the salmon and noodles, prepared according to bag instructions, cooking until heated through. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins