- 2 Warren Pears, peeled, halved, and cored
- 3 cups water, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar, light or dark
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean split and scraped
- In a medium saucepan, stir together water, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the pears and be sure they are fully submerged. Simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes, until a knife is easily inserted into the pears. Place the pears into a bowl and pour the liquid over them. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Pears may be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes