This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StarsOfSummer #CollectiveBias
Memorial Day has always been a big deal in my house. When I was a kid, it meant school was almost over and I could practically taste that sweet freedom. Now, it means it’s time to shake off that hibernation for good as the weather gets nicer and I head out to enjoy it at every possible moment.
This past Memorial Day weekend was packed. We brunched, gardened, walked, and of course I wrote, because I’m always writing. Plus lots of cooking, because there’s always lots of cooking in my house.
In the winter I might cook dinner every single night of a month. In the summer, I only skip maybe five nights a month at the most. This means that while I have some favorite recipes I turn to again and again, I need to constantly be thinking outside of the box when it comes to keeping my taste buds interested.
It’s no secret that peanut butter is one of my favorite foods, but did you know it’s just as good in savory applications as it is in sweet ones.
Every good burger starts with great meat and a fabulous bun, but the sauce is the real star here. It adds flavor and that gooey, messy goodness any burger totally needs. And the star of this sauce is Peter Pan® Peanut Butter that I always pick up on my trips to Walmart.
I love Peter Pan Peanut Butter because it is made from wholesome, simple ingredients and is packed with protein. Also, I can totally attest to the fact that it is just as good from the spoon as it is in a recipe like this sauce.
The peanut butter combines with other super flavorful ingredients like vinegar, garlic, and red pepper to take it to a super savory level. All these flavors might not sound like they work together, but trust me, they do.
With this fun and out of the box sauce, I wanted to create a fun and out of the box bun. Enter ramen noodle buns. I was afraid these wouldn’t quite turn out, but they were pretty simple to make and brought tons of flavor and texture to the burgers. Though there are a few steps to making the entire burger, some of it can be done ahead of time and the whole process is pretty fun and very rewarding.
Plus, are you looking to summer certify your backyard/patio, or host the ultimate summer block party?! Check-out the #StarsOfSummer Sweepstakes where you have a chance to win a $50 Walmart gift card almost everyday leading up to Labor day (ends 8/31) as well as enter into the drawing for a $750 Walmart Gift Card grand prize. Winner selected on or around 8/31!
I’m ready for all my summer adventures with these Ramen Burgers with Peanut Sauce and you will be too. Be sure to get some more inspiration for your summer entertaining needs too!Print
Burgers and Buns
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 3 packets ramen noodles
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup water, plus more if necessary
- To make the sauce, place vinegar, peanut butter, garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, honey, and ginger in a blender jar. Blend, adding the water as you blend, until a thick, yet pourable, completely emulsified sauce forms.
- Sauce may be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until hot.
- Prepare the buns. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ramen noodles and boil for 3 minutes. Drain noodles and place them in a large bowl. Add 1 seasoning packet from the noodles and stir. Allow to cool about 20 minutes. Add the 3 eggs and stir until well combined. Divide the noodles into 8 approximately equal portions.
- Form each portion into a bun shape and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least an hour and up to overnight.
- Cook the burgers. Form the ground beef into 4 approximately equal patties. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add 2 tablespoons oil followed by the burger patties. Cook for about 5 minutes on one side, flip, and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the burgers from the pan and place 4 noodle buns in the hot skillet with the beef fat. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side and an additional 3 on the other until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove from the pan and add the remaining oil. Cook the rest of the noodle buns.
- Assemble the burgers. Place 4 noodle buns crispy side down on a plate. Top with burgers, followed by two slices of bacon, and a generous tablespoon of sauce. Top with the remaining buns, crispy side up and serve immediately.
Recipe is easily multiplied. Additional chilling time is necessary.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
No Purchase Necessary. The #StarsOfSummer #Sweepstakes begins on June 2, 2018 at 12:00:00 AM ET and ends on August 31, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET. There are multiple Entry Periods during the Sweepstakes. Legal residents of the 50 US/DC only,18+. Void where prohibited. By participating, you agree to the Official Rules at . When sharing, Entrant should include the following: “#StarsOfSummer #Sweepstakes. Ends 8/31/18. See Rules at https://starsofsummerrules.