- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. I did this by hand, but a hand or stand mixer would work as well. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between, and the vanilla, mixing until once again light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, oats, and coconut. Add this mixture to the creamed butter and sugar mixture and stir until just combined. Add the blueberries and cherries and stir until fully incorporated.
- Using a regular sized ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough onto prepared pans, 6 to a pan. Flatten the cookies slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cookies are golden brown and mostly set, though they may still look underbaked. They will harden as they cool. Serve cookies warm or cool completely on the trays before storing in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Cookies may also be frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil, and placed in a zipper bag for up to 4 months. Thaw at room temperature for about an hour, in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes, or in the microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
Recipe adapted from Heather Christo
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes