This giveaway has ended! Congratulations to Cindy on winning!
If you haven’t noticed I’m rather obsessed with the combination of peanut butter and jelly. I already have granola bars, cookies, bars, and puppy chow peanut butter and jelly recipes here on the blog. It’s a classic flavor combination that will never, ever go out of style. I forbid it!
The possibilities of new peanut butter and jelly recipes are endless. You are never going to see me stop posting peanut butter and jelly recipes here on the blog.
Luckily, Peanut Butter & Company is just as obsessed with peanut butter and jelly as me. With back to school season here, Peanut Butter & Company challenged some bloggers to create a new, unique peanut butter and jelly recipe.
I got thinking about the possibilities and settled on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but not just any peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Oh, no! This is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Rice Krispies treats instead of bread. That’s right! I said it. Rice Krispies treats instead of bread!
Brace yourself for the awesomeness of buttery, sticky, crunchy, marshmallowy Rice Krispies treats surrounding creamy peanut butter and flavorful strawberry jam. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the flavors and textures paired, especially the pop of flavor from the jam. This treat is going to be your new favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Plus, Peanut Butter and Company has generously offered to give one lucky reader 1 jar of Smooth Operator peanut butter, 1 jar of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter, 1 jar of Seriously Strawberry jam, and 1 jar of Awesome Apricot preserves. Now that I’ve tried their jam, I can’t decide if I like it or the peanut butter better! So flavorful – like eating fresh fruit.
To enter the giveaway, answer the question: What creative peanut butter and jelly recipe would you like to try?
To earn additional entries:
Follow @piesandplots on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional and entirely separate comment.
Like Pies and Plots on Facebook. Come back and let me know you’ve liked me in an additional and entirely separate comment.
Follow Pies and Plots on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional and entirely separate comment.
Follow @piesandplots on Instagram. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional and entirely separate comment.
Subscribe to Pies and Plots via email using the form at the top of the page on the right hand side. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional and entirely separate comment.
IMPORTANT: This giveaway is open to residents of the US only.
The giveaway ends Friday, September 5, 2014, at 11:59 pm EST.
The winner will be chosen via the Random Number Generator on random.org. The winner will be notified by email and will have 24 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
As a member of Peanut Butter & Co.’s Yum Squad food blogger club, I received product and the giveaway in exchange for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.Print
- 1 10 ounce bag marshmallows (mini or jumbo)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 ½ – 5 cups Rice Krispies
- ½ cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
- ½ cup Seriously Strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- Generously butter an 8 inch square pan. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until all of the marshmallows and butter are melted.
- Add the Rice Krispies a few cups at a time and stir until fully coated. Continue adding Rice Krispies until the mixture is gooey, but there is not a lot of marshmallow in the bottom of the bowl. Pour half of this mixture into the prepared pan. Press it down into an even layer with buttered hands or spatula.
- Spread the peanut butter in an even layer over the treats. Spread the jam into an even layer over the peanut butter. Carefully spread the remaining Rice Krispies mixture over the jam. Press down slightly using buttered hands. Sprinkle with the peanut butter chips and press into the treats.
- Cool completely in pan before slicing and serving. Treats may be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Additional cooling time is necessary
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute