This post is sponsored by Minute® Rice. They’re making it easy to make our favorite holiday recipes this season!
We’re in the home stretch. Christmas is nearly here. How is that even possible? We just celebrated Thanksgiving! Nevertheless, whether we’re ready or not, it’s time to get festive with friends and family and try to have a great time. After all, life is short, and we shouldn’t be stressed at such a joyous time of year.
Easy to prepare, yet elegant meals are the best way to go this time of year. Minute® Rice is here to help! It is so easy to have in the pantry as part of a go-to dinner. Whether you cook up a pot of rice to go alongside your favorite quick to prepare protein, turn some into a skillet full of vegetable filled fried rice or combine it with leftover vegetables and protein from the night before, Minute® Rice is the perfect solution to those busy nights.
I’ve always been a big fan of white rice, and Minute® White Rice cooks in only five minutes! We all have time for that, especially because then we can make a healthy, wholesome meal so we don’t turn to fast food. They also have Minute® Brown Rice and Minute® Multi-Grain Medley that cook in ten minutes. They are a great way to keep dinner time from getting boring.
But, let’s be real, I’m all about desserts, so I knew I wanted to turn Minute® White Rice into a dessert no one would be able to resist. We’ve all had rice pudding. But have you ever had Rice Pudding Ice Cream? I didn’t think so.
I know you’re thinking this is super complicated to make, but rest assured, it’s not. You’ll only need about ten minutes to make the rice pudding itself. Then it will need to chill. I mean, tasting while it’s warm is encouraged, but most of it will need to chill 🙂 That’s another great thing about this recipe – it can be made ahead of time.
Once the pudding has chilled, stir in some more milk and spin it in your ice cream maker. I think this would be fun to do at a party. Everyone will love that it’s an interactive dessert! Because the mixture is thick, the ice cream doesn’t even need additional time in the freezer, but it can be stored in there. It is sure to be one of your new favorite desserts! Plus, it’s vegan and gluten free, so everyone can enjoy it. Woo hoo!
If you want more amazing recipe ideas, check out the more than four hundred ideas Minute® Rice has on their website.Print
- 1 cup Minute® White Rice
- 4 ½ cups milk, divided (I used almond, use what you love)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup jumbo raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- In a large pot stir together rice, 3 cups milk, and sugar. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 6 minutes, until the mixture has thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add the raisins and cook for 2 more minutes, continuing to stir. Remove from the heat and stir in the cinnamon and vanilla bean paste.
- Pour into a heat safe container and place in the refrigerator to chill at least 4 hour and up to overnight.
- Once chilled, stir in the remaining 1 ½ cups milk. Churn in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Because the mixture is so thick, it may not take the full time to churn. Serve immediately or store in freezer containers in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Additional chilling time is necessary.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.