This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #ServeWithACoke #Meijer #CollectiveBias
If you have been reading my blog, it’s no secret I have been doing all the things this summer. Seriously from a Tigers game to concerts to walking around just about every city in driving distance, my days and weeks and months have been so super busy I don’t know where they’ve gone.
It would be so super easy to go out to eat or grab fast food on these super busy days and nights. After all no one wants to spend an hour in the kitchen after spending all day walking around the ballpark or before rushing out of the house to get to a concert.
But it’s still really important to me to fuel my body with a healthy meal. I mean how else am I supposed to dance until midnight at a concert??? So how am I to make this compromise?
Easy, the signature meal deal at Meijer! This way you can pick up a 2-liter of Coca-Cola™, Diet Coke®, Coke Zero™, or Sprite® and a rotisserie chicken for $7 (like me) or fried chicken for $8. These Meijer All Together Meals are such a convenient and awesome deal.
Chicken Quinoa Bowls are the ultimate busy day solution. The rich, complex flavor from the perfectly cooked rotisserie chicken pairs so well with the base quinoa with a zesty vinaigrette. The best part is that you can top your quinoa bowl with whatever you have on hand. Produce is so awesome this time of year, so I added kale, summer squash, peach, and corn to mind, but the sky is really the limit. Mushrooms, berries, cauliflower, plums, broccoli, and apples are all great choices.
Plus, the bowl can be made ahead of time and eaten cold or reheated if you are in a huge rush.
And then dinner is completed with Coca-Cola products because everything goes with Coke. I love how Coca-Cola, dinner at home, and super fun summer events bring my family together. The three of us have had so many good times, and dinner at home is the best way to take even just a few moments to talk about the fun we have had and are going to continue to have.
It’s really amazing how something as seemingly small as a rotisserie chicken and bottle of Diet Coke can make such a big impact, but I am here to tell you they can.
So bring on more summer fun because Meijer totally has our back with All Together Meals!Print
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup kale
- 1 ear of corn on the cob, cooked and kernels removed
- 1 large yellow summer squash
- 1 large peach, diced
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa, reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook about 15 minutes, until fluffy and all the water has been absorbed. Keep covered until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, turmeric, pepper, mustard, and oil until emulsified. Stir into the quinoa. Spoon quinoa into bowls, and top with chicken, kale, corn, squash, and peach.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve cold or reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between for even warming.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes