- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 clementines, segmented
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot add about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil followed by the meat. Cook, stirring frequently, until fully cooked and browned.
- In a small bowl, mix the cumin, chili powder, coriander, turmeric, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon of the black pepper. Add to the meat and stir to combine. Cook about 2 more minutes until incorporated.
- Combine the remaining oil and pepper with the vinegar in a small bowl for a dipping sauce.
- Serve immediately with lettuce, onion, fennel, celery, and clementines.
- Leftover beef may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute until hot.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes