Mom always tells me about the amazing garden my grandfather, Papa, grew. I never had the chance to see it, and if I did take a peek once or twice, I was way too young to remember.
I love hearing her stories about the garden and its bounty. Herbs, tomatoes, rhubarb, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and more. In addition to the awesomeness of this garden are the stories about his and Granny’s cooking.
They both sound like amazing cooks with different specialties. Granny could get dinner on the table in a flash and feed the whole family with just a few ingredients. She was the hero when it came to weeknight dinners.
Papa had a bit more of that gourmet flair in him, working with herbs and peppers. Mom always talks about how he put parsley on everything, and now I do that sometimes too 🙂 He made soups and stews and even homemade noodles.
These stories make me wish so badly I had the chance to cook with them so that we could learn and grow as chefs together. How special that would be. I do cherish my time cooking with Mom as we do the same thing.
When I told her about my Spicy Cauliflower Tacos, she told me about the time they steamed some cauliflower with potatoes and a bunch of worms came out! Gross! Needless to say they turned to Granny for another quick fix meal.
There are no insects of any kind in this Spicy Cauliflower Tacos, just pure veggie goodness. I made these so that they are vegan and gluten free, but feel free to use whatever wrap you like or add an egg or a little shredded meat.
No matter how you serve these, they are packed with nutrition and warm heat that is so perfect for the transition into fall. My favorite unexpected addition are the pecans and walnuts for some serious crunch.
Here’s to Papa’s garden. I hope these tacos would have made him proud.Print
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large white onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Wraps for serving (I used coconut wraps)
- Diced tomatoes for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the cauliflower, onion, and green beans in an even layer on the tray. Sprinkle with pepper, salt, cumin, chili powder, red pepper, and turmeric. Drizzle with oil and stir to coat evenly. Add additional oil as necessary.
- Place tray in the oven and raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Roast for 20 minutes. Turn the vegetables, sprinkle with nuts and roast for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve vegetables on wraps and sprinkle with tomatoes. Leftover vegetables may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Don’t forget to check out the other Sunday Supper dishes! Thanks to Caroline from Caroline’s Cooking for hosting!
Creative Cauliflower Recipes #SundaySupper
CREATIVE CAULIFLOWER STARTERS AND SIDES
- Cauliflower Bacon Gratin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Cauliflower Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Loaded Smashed Cauliflower Bites by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Roasted Bacon Tomato Cauliflower by Food Lust People Love
- Vegetarian Nachos by Simple and Savory
MAKE MY CAULIFLOWER A MAIN DISH
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup by Hardly A Goddess
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Pilaf With Ground Beef & Cabbage by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Oven Baked Honey Soy Sesame Cauliflower by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Roasted Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Salsa Verde by Caroline’s Cooking
- Salmon with Creamy Cauliflower Farro by Cooking Chat
- Shrimp Stir Fry with Cauli Rice by Our Good Life
- Spicy Cauliflower Tacos by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.