This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorSplash #CollectiveBias Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation.
In Michigan, Labor Day certainly marks the unofficial beginning of fall, but really it is the beginning of cider mill season which continues through the holidays.
I don’t know about where you live, but here cider is a big deal, practically a way of life. You go to the mill, buy a jug of cider, a couple cider doughnuts, and ask for a few plastic cups before heading outside to the wooden picnic tables to eat, drink, and get attacked by stinging insects. It’s tradition.
Really, though I prefer to drink my cider in the comfort of my home, and while it’s great on its own, there is nothing like doctoring it up a bit. Enter Spiked Caramel Apple Pie Cider. It showcases the cider while enhancing it, making it comforting and irresistible.
The secret ingredient is Torani Bourbon Caramel Syrup. It’s available at Walmart along with Torani Toasted Marshmallow Syrup and many other flavors. All the ones I’ve had are crazy good since they are made with real, simple ingredients like pure cane sugar and natural flavors. They have that classic coffeehouse flavor, and Torani really knows what they are doing since they are third generation family owned since 1925. I love old companies like Torani.
Caramel, bourbon, and apples are a match made in heaven. By warming the cider with apples, warm spices, and the syrup, it’s like the flavors are all heightened. It is so comforting cradling a mug of the cinnamon-y cider in my hands as it is cold and blustery outside. I even liked snacking on the apples.
This cider is perfect for a party. You can put it in a slow cooker or keep it on low heat. Then as you are serving add a dollop of whipped cream and another drizzle of the syrup for the kids, and for the adults, a splash of bourbon is perfection.
This holiday season, gather your friends and family and make your favorite holiday beverage more flavorful with Torani.Print
- ½ gallon apple cider
- 3 large apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup Torani Bourbon Caramel Syrup, plus more for serving
- Bourbon, for serving
- Whipped cream, homemade or store bought, for serving
- Pour the cider into a large saucepan. Add the apples, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and 1/3 cup syrup. Place over medium heat, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with a splash of bourbon, a dollop of whipped cream, and a drizzle of the syrup. Cider may be kept warm on low heat on the stove for about 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes