- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups milk (I used skim, use what you love)
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated cheese (I used gruyere, use any gooey, easily melted cheese you love)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Melt the butter and stir in the flour until well combined. Whisk in 1 cup of water until fully incorporated. Stir in the remaining water and milk and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta, mustard, and pepper, and simmer about 8 minutes, until the pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cheeses until melted and serve immediately. This is going to be best served fresh, but it may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Eat cold or reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes