- 1 16 ounce container Driscoll’s strawberries, topped, hulled, and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened, but not melted, homemade or store bought
- ½ loaf of pound cake, cubed, homemade or store bought
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook over medium-low heat until the berries are juicy and have softened, about 5 minutes. Pour into a bowl place in the refrigerator to chill completely, at least four hours.
- After the strawberry sauce has chilled, place the softened ice cream into a medium bowl. Mix in pound cake cubes. Some will be mashed others will not, this will add a variety of textures. Drizzle in half of the strawberry sauce. Mix it in so it is streaked through the ice cream. Place ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Serve the ice cream with additional strawberry sauce and pound cake cubes. Ice cream can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Additional freezing time is necessary.
Additional time will be necessary if you choose to make the ice cream and pound cake.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes