- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large strawberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- Generously oil a large mug. Two smaller mugs would probably work too – just watch the cooking time.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and light brown sugar. Add oil, egg, and vanilla, and mix to combine. Add the strawberries and mix to combine. Pour into the prepared mug.
- In a small bowl, stir together oats, sugar, and oil until clumping together. Pour on top of batter in mug. Swirl streusel into batter using a fork. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until puffed and fully cooked. Do not cook more than 2 minutes. Your cake is mst likely done after 2 even if you don’t think it is. Longer will make it tough and dry. Serve immediately. This recipe should not be frozen and it meant to be eaten as soon as it is made.
Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins