- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- 1 cup dried pitted plums
- ½ cup dried pitted apricots
- ½ cup dried figs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup confectioners’’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Granulated sugar for rolling
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse pecans, plums, apricots, and figs until finely chopped but not combined into a ball.
- In a medium bowl, stir together honey, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, sugar, and orange zest until mostly combined. Not all of the sugar will be stirred in, but that’s okay.
- Pour the fruit and nut mixture into the bowl and mix with a spoon, your hands, or both until fully combined and very sticky.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball in your hands. Coat it fully in granulated sugar. Continue to do so until all of the mixture is used. Sugar plums may be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 month. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Recipe adapted from Project Cupcake and Alton Brown
- Prep Time: 30 mins