- 2 large zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 large onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Cut the stems off the zucchini and/or yellow squash and cut it into large rounds. Cut the rounds in half.
- Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium high heat. I like using a stainless steel skillet. Once hot, add the oil, followed by the squash and onion. Sauté until they begin to caramelize.
- Add the well whisked eggs and cook until the eggs begin to set, scraping the bottom well.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for 1 minute. Check for doneness. If the frittata is not fully cooked, place it back under the broiler, checking frequently until it is cooked. Be careful as the pan will be very hot.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes