- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, stems trimmed, cut in half
- 1 pound fresh English peas, shelled
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- ¼– ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, more if desired
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough water to allow them room to boil. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil. Once at a boil, cook the potatoes, covered, for about 10 minutes, until fork tender.
- While the potatoes boil, blanch the asparagus and peas in a small saucepan, covered, for about 3 minutes. When done, immediately remove from the water and place in a large serving bowl. Place the onion in this bowl as well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegars, mustard, honey, pepper, and salt, if using. While continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Taste the dressing. Add more vinegar if you prefer it more acidic, or more oil and honey if you prefer it sweeter. The dressing should be on the acidic side, as the sweetness of the potatoes and peas needs a slightly acidic dressing.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes