This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameSnacks #CollectiveBias
My parents and I are always cheering on our favorite basketball teams, especially this time of year as college teams are just about to start their tournament and professional teams are ramping up for the playoffs.
We often have two TVs going to catch as much of the action as possible and we always pick our favorite teams even if local ones are out of the running. It’s so fun to cheer on teams and players, and it’s even more fun when I pick the winners 😉
But it’s no fun to watch sports events of any kind without a great snack. I always have a stash of Cheez-It products in the pantry to turn to when I need a crunchy TV watching snack. I love their new, first-ever crunchy puff Crunch’d in both Cheddar Cheese and Hot and Spicy. They, as all Cheez-It products, are made with 100% real cheese.
My favorite snack, though, are Cheez-It Grooves. The Sharp White Cheddar are my go to snack, but the Zesty Cheddar Ranch are pretty awesome too. They are part cracker, part chip, all thin-crispy awesomeness! I seriously stocked up on both Crunch’d and Grooves on my last trip to Walmart. I don’t want to run out in the middle of a game!
While I certainly don’t complain about snacking on Cheez-It products plain, I wanted to make something fun and delicious with them. Enter the Ultimate Cheez-It Grilled Cheese.
Crispy, buttery bread with ooey-gooey, melty cheese running down my hand while I eat and the added cheesiness and crunch of Cheez-It products, make this grilled cheese something I will make over and over (and over) again! Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. It is the ultimate comfort food. Feel free to double or triple this crowd pleasing recipe!
While you enjoy this grilled cheese, be sure to check out Cheez-It’s Most Valuable Cheese contest! You can vote on your favorite Cheez-It products out of six of their most popular recipes and play games for a chance to win $10,000 through April.
You saw how I got creative in the kitchen with Cheez-It products, so what would you like to make with them? Leave a comment and tell me!Print
- 4 slices bakery quality Italian or French bread
- 4 slices processed American cheese
- 4 slices processed Cheddar cheese
- 1 handful Cheez-It Crunch’d Cheddar Cheese
- 1 handful Cheez-It Grooves Sharp White Cheddar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Butter two slices of bread.
- Once the skillet is hot, place each slice of bread, butter side down, in the skillet. Cover each with two slices of American cheese. Add some Cheez-It Grooves and Crunch’d on top of the cheese. You can make one sandwich with Crunch’d and one wit Grooves or mix and match – it’s up to you.
- Top with two slices Cheddar cheese. Butter the two remaining pieces of bread and place them on the cheese, butter side up. Carefully turn the sandwiches over and cook until golden brown on both sides and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes