- 1 pint ice cream, I used caramel and butter pecan
- ½ cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 3 cups sour cherries, washed and pitted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Once oven is hot, place coconut on a piece of parchment and place that on top of a piece of foil. Roast for about 5 minutes, checking very frequently because it will burn quickly!
- Make the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine cherries, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls. Top with the cherry sauce and toasted coconut. Leftover sauce may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes