- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Here’s my recipe for homemade)
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Reese’s Pieces, coarsely chopped or crushed
- 5–6 cups Corn Chex
- 3–4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place peanut butter and chips. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Stir in vanilla. Add Reese’s Pieces and 4 cups of cereal. Stir to fully coat in the peanut butter mixture. Add more cereal, 1 cup at a time, until there is not too much gooey peanut butter in the bowl, but the mixture is not dry. I used about 6 cups of cereal. I do not recommend using more than that.
- Pour sugar, 1 cup at a time, onto cereal. Stirring and adding more sugar as needed until it is fully coated. How thick the coating of sugar depends on your preferences. I used 4 cups. Puppy chow may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min