This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InspireWithCheese
Yesterday marked the official beginning of spring. I know I am not the only person jumping for joy even if the weather hasn’t quite caught up with the season yet.
Though it’s not as warm as I wish, I can still tell it’s spring. The birds are singing. Ducks, bunnies, and chipmunks have made the first appearances of the year. The daffodils and tulips are sprouting up from the ground. The sun is warm even when the temperature is cold. After months of a long winter with a record breaking cold streak and higher than average snowfall, it’s time to celebrate.
What’s the best way to do that? Entertaining of course.
We have to come out of hibernation and have friends over to catch up and celebrate life’s small and big victories. Before you head right back into hibernation, dreading trading the stress of winter weather for the stress of entertaining, I have a tip to make things much easier. Kaukauna® products!
While it’s no surprise this product that is made with 100% is a delicious and easy entertaining solution that can be served as is, you know I love making fun recipes and Kaukauna® makes those a breeze too. Hosting awesome spring get togethers is simple with Kaukauna® on our side because if you have hosted a party you know they are a lot of work and it is no fun to be stuck rushing around while guests are enjoying the fun.
The Kaukauna® cheese logs and cheese balls, which come in a variety of flavors like Sriracha (YUM!), are ready to serve. Put them on a pretty platter with some nuts, crackers and fruit and boom! Party!
Kaukauna® is also available at a ton of retailers. I picked some up on my weekly trip to Target, but I bet you can find it wherever you do your shopping. There is also an Ibotta offer to get you pumped for spring entertaining with Kaukauna®.
I couldn’t wait to get creative with the cheese spread cups. In addition to simple recipes that impress and taste amazing, one of my favorite things to do is reinvent a classic recipe. When I was a kid I loved tuna melts. They were my favorite meal, but let’s face it, they aren’t exactly going to impress at a spring themed party.
So I elevated the classic tuna melt and turned it into a dip. It’s so perfect for spring with the fresh herbs and onion. I also swapped heavy mayonnaise for sour cream and the tang is perfect. Plus, I dare you to tell me about a party when the dip wasn’t the first thing to disappear.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it can be served cold when that spring weather I am dreaming about finally graces us with its presence, or it can be served warm like a traditional tuna melt. Just hold the herbs until you are serving.
I’m excited to make more fun recipes with Kaukauna® and celebrate spring with fun food, great friends, and no fuss, and I hope you are too!Print
Tuna Melt Dip
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 8 ounces tuna, from a can, jar, or leftover fully cooked fresh tuna
- ½ large onion, finely diced
- ½ cup pickles, diced
- ½ cup mixed herbs, I used parsley and dill
- 1 Kaukauna® 6.5 ounce cheese spread cup sharp cheddar
- ½ cup sour cream
- Crackers, bread, chips, vegetables for serving
- In a medium bowl, stir together tuna, onion, pickles, and herbs. In a small bowl stir together the cheese and sour cream and mix until well combined. Stir into the tuna mixture until well incorporated. Form into a nice ball and place on serving tray with accompaniments of your choice which can include but are not limited to crackers, chips, bread, and vegetables. Serve immediately. Leftover dip may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- If you choose to warm the dip, leave the herbs out and place it in a 400 degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Garnish with herbs and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Debbie Eccard says
Mmmm, I would like this for dinner tonight as I had a late lunch! This sounds super good and I love your presentation. Thanks!