- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ Vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 3 cups cooked and chilled quinoa
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Sriracha, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of the oil, followed by the onion and garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently, about one minute. Add the carrots and mushrooms, and continue to sauté, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and beginning to caramelize.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil, followed by the kale and quinoa. Cook for about five minutes more, stirring less frequently to allow the quinoa to caramelize. Add the vinegar, pepper, and Sriracha, stir to coat, and cook about one minute more. Serve immediately with more Sriracha, if desired. May be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Serve cold or reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes