Are you ready for Christmas? I certainly am. Ready and excited! I’m looking forward to a little break and spending time relaxing with Mom and Dad, watching movies and TV. The house is decorated, presents are purchased and wrapped, and the menu is planned. In fact, Dad may be picking up the prime rib as you read this. Yay! Prime rib! It’s been over a year since I’ve had prime rib, so I’m definitely craving it.
Hopefully Christmas will be the relaxing day I have planned. I’m so thankful to be spending it with me parents. And I’m thankful for the stack of presents under the tree I can’t wait to tear into. Christmas turns us all into kids, as we patiently (or not so much) wait to open presents, perhaps play some board games, and definitely watch some favorite movies. It’s all about fun!
If you’re looking for more fun activities, try making these White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread Oreos. This is a great, no bake recipe to make with kids for a relaxing Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. If you don’t have Gingerbread Oreos, any kind will work, as will any kind of chip for coating. You can also get creative with toppings. Try crushed candy canes, a drizzle of chocolate, or a couple mini M & Ms. The sky’s the limit. Have fun and be creative! And course, have a very Merry Christmas!
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pure vegetable shortening
- 15 Gingerbread Oreos
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chips and shortening in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Dip each Oreo into the melted white chocolate and cover completely. Allow excess chocolate to drip off of Oreos and place on a parchment lined plate or cookie sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat until all the Oreos are covered.
- Allow the chocolate on the Oreos to harden at room temperature for about an hour. Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute