- 2 12 ounce bags white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or shortening
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2–3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup Mini Reese’s Pieces
- Line a 9 by 13 inch pan with parchment, leaving overhang for easy removal.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place 1 and ¼ bags of the white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted. Pour into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Place the pan in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, vanilla, and sugar until a thick, non-greasy mixture forms. It should not be crumbly. Add more sugar if it needs to be thicker and a little more peanut butter if it needs to be smoother.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator once the chocolate is set, about 10 minutes, and top with the peanut butter mixture, spreading it into an even layer.
- Microwave the remaining chocolate with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted. Pour over the peanut butter mixture and smooth to cover it all. Top with Reese’s Pieces, pressing them into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm before cutting into bars. Bars may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freeze, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature about an hour.
Additional chilling time is necessary
Recipe adapted from The Gold Lining Girl
- Prep Time: 15 minutes