My WoCavé is really coming along. This month’s mission was all about fitness. Fitness is a huge part of my life. Exercise helps me look good and feel good. Since I bake so much, it’s really important I balance that out by breaking a sweat. The mental and physical benefits are unbelievable. Once you get in the routine of working out, it’s the best habit you won’t want to break. I’ve never finished a workout and wished I hadn’t done it.
But even I wasn’t sure if I wanted exercise to be a part of my WoCavé, which is supposed to be all about fun, and let’s be honest, exercise isn’t always exactly fun. Then I saw my mission box. It contained a water bottle with my name, bright pink socks, a Dick’s gift card, and a hot pink workout bag. Plus there was a digital picture frame to keep decorating my WoCavé! I love having lots of pictures around me to remember great times I’ve had.
In addition, I received three workout DVDs to help me get motivated. I tried all three. Dance with Julianne was the most fun. Julianne Hough of Dancing with the Stars fame is the host. She has a really bubbly personality and made it easy to follow along, though the workout did remind me that I’m a little uncoordinated. The time flew by and I have since done the workout a few more times. I’ll be a dancing pro in no time!
There was also a Jillian Michaels DVD. I love Jillian Michaels workouts! It was a great workout, but the time still went fast and all the moves were easy to master. Plus, you switch moves quickly before your body becomes too fatigued. I would happily do this DVD every day and hope it gives me muscles like Jillian’s!
The last DVD was Tracy Anderson’s Dance Cardio II. I found it to be a little boring and the moves were incredibly difficult to follow. I was kind of falling all over the place trying to replicate the moves. I will try it again one day, as I’d still like to master it. And now I know that exercise is a great addition to my WoCavé time, because it was sooooo much fun. Mom even joined me for a few of the workouts, making it even better! We will make more WoCavé workout time soon!
As I said, my life is all about balance so after my workout, I wanted a healthy sweet treat, in addition to the Skinny Cow treats my WoCavé is always stocked with. I used some of the granola I made and some ripe, juicy peaches and made Peach Granola Bars. These did not disappoint one bit. I fell in love after one bite with the chewy granola and the soft peaches, spiced with cinnamon and ginger. Healthy or not, these are positively delicious and will make your WoCavé even better.
I’m also super excited about next month’s mission. All the contents of my box are enclosed in an awesome ottoman that is already improving my WoCavé, and I’m going to be throwing a party for my friends. I’m already pumped about it and can’t wait to share it with you all!
Disclaimer: I have been compensated by Nestle/Skinny Cow for my participation in this program, but all opinions, as always, are mine.Print
- 5 cups granola, without dried fruit or nuts
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with parchment, leaving overhang for easy removal. Lightly oil the parchment.
- In a large bowl, stir together the granola, ¼ cup flour, and salt. In a small bowl whisk together egg whites, maple syrup, and oil until frothy. Pour this mixture over the granola and stir until it is fully coated. Place about ¾ of the granola mixture in the prepared pan and press down, forming an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, place the peaches, sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons flour, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the peach mixture into an even layer on top of the cooked crust. Add the pecans to the granola mixture left in the bowl, stir to combine and place on top of peach mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling a little and the top is golden brown. Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting into bars and enjoying. Bars may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about an hour or in a 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes