- 5 cups granola, without dried fruit or nuts
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with parchment, leaving overhang for easy removal. Lightly oil the parchment.
- In a large bowl, stir together the granola, ¼ cup flour, and salt. In a small bowl whisk together egg whites, maple syrup, and oil until frothy. Pour this mixture over the granola and stir until it is fully coated. Place about ¾ of the granola mixture in the prepared pan and press down, forming an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, place the peaches, sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons flour, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the peach mixture into an even layer on top of the cooked crust. Add the pecans to the granola mixture left in the bowl, stir to combine and place on top of peach mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling a little and the top is golden brown. Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting into bars and enjoying. Bars may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about an hour or in a 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes