- 1 ½ cups warm milk (I used almond/coconut blend, use what you love)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 peaches, sliced
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Make the batter. In a large bowl, stir together the milk, oil, and honey. Mix in the yeast and allow to sit until foamy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and salt until combined. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to rise overnight. The mixture should double in size.
- In the morning, remove the batter from the refrigerator while you make the peach syrup.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add in the peaches and sauté, stirring frequently, until lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add the syrup and simmer while you make the waffles.
- Cook waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions. I liked mine on a medium setting, but use whatever setting you prefer.
- Serve waffles immediately with the warm syrup.
Additional time is necessary for the batter to rise
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes